Spanish Residency for non-EU nationals: non-lucrative visa

Immigration & Residency

Larrain Nesbitt Lawyers offers a Spanish residency service for non-EU nationals (i.e. British)


You will be assigned one of our in-house residency experts, who will handhold you through the whole admin procedure, from start to finish. Please note NLVs are only applied from Spanish consulates in your home country.


The non-lucrative residency permit allows you to stay in Spain for a period of 1 or 2 years (as it is a temporary residency authorization), plus renewals. The first and second renewal lasts two years. At the time of applying for the third one, you may apply for the long-term residency in Spain. In case you apply for the long-term residency, you should renew it every 5 years.


As it has a non-profit nature, it does not allow you to engage in any professional activity or employment. You are required to be self-supporting, relying on your own means to live. If you are able to prove that you have enough funds to this end, and that your stay in the country won’t induce government aid, you will qualify for this permit.


Attaining Spanish residency indirectly implies you will become a Spanish tax resident. Please note this service is only available to non-EU residents.


Larraín Nesbitt Lawyers offers you a comprehensive service to attain a Spanish residency permit.


Legal fees: 300/applicant*

* Does not include extras (opening bank account, hiring private healthcare, etc). In the rare event your application is turned down, refunds do not apply. Does not include VAT, or renewals.


We will be very pleased to discuss your matter with you. You can contact us by e-mail at, by telephone on our UK line UK: (+44) 07543 838 218, or Spanish line (+34) 952 19 22 88, or by completing our contact form to book an appointment.


Related articles