On owning assets in Spain it is strongly recommended you make a Spanish will. A Spanish will only cover your Spanish assets leaving aside any foreign will. Spanish wills are completed within the next 48 working hours.
Recent European legislation (Brussels IV) has made some old Spanish wills void. In such cases it is highly recommended a lawyer drafts a new will. More details in our article: Spanish Wills and Probate Law in light of European Regulation 650/2012 – 8th January 2015
Making a Spanish will for a non-resident has the following seven advantages:
- A Spanish will is exclusive to your assets located in Spain (it does not affect any other assets or wills in your home country).
- Drawing up a Spanish will may help your heirs mitigate their tax bill (avoiding attracting penalties for late payment).
- Drawing up a Spanish will save your heirs both money and hassle at a time of bereavement.
- Spanish wills are stored safely at no extra charge.
- Spanish wills drawn up before a Notary Public (Open wills) add security.
- The content of a Spanish will is governed by your own national laws. Bequeath your assets to whomever you please avoiding pesky Spanish forced heirship rules (providing your national law allows it).
- Spanish wills can be worded in English, for your peace of mind.
What this service includes:
- Drafting a Spanish will in double barrel, English-Spanish.
What this service does NOT include:
- Our fees do NOT include additional consultations on specific IHT-related matters, or on how to bequeath your assets in Spain tax-efficiently, mitigating and optimizing your heirs' tax burden. Please note this type of specialized tax advice, or additional consultations, are billed separately.
Our fees do not include Notary fees, which are ca €45 per will, to be paid separately.
Our fees do not include assistance at Notary Public (translation service) - additional fees apply and subject to availability, ask us.
- Additional non-standard clauses are billed separately.
Legal fees: From €250
We will be very pleased to discuss your matter with you. You can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, by telephone on (+34) 952 19 22 88 or by completing our contact form to book an appointment.