Article copyrighted © 2019. Plagiarism will be criminally prosecuted.
By Raymundo Larraín Nesbitt
Director of Larraín Nesbitt Lawyers
21st of August 2019
- Store of value. In times of political instability, which lead to stock markets in upheaval, gold and real estate have traditionally been a safe haven where affluent ploughed their money capping off the storm.
- Security. Real estate is a tangible asset which you can touch and see, unlike cryptocurrencies and other intangible assets where thefts are rife.
- Capital appreciation. Real estate increased by one digit over the last four years in Spain, in some areas even by two digits. Some experts even talk of a new property boom underway. On the long run real estate always trumps any other asset class, including stocks.
- Soaring rental yields. Rental yields in Spain have soared by two digits over the span of three years. Spain is the world’s second tourist destination creating a huge demand for holiday accommodation.
- New laws passed in Andalusia allow ultra-low inheritance and gift tax. April 2019 saw the approval of a new spate of laws in the region of Andalusia which, for the first time in 40 years, allow owners to pass on their properties to their beneficiaries without having to pay hardly any tax, or no tax at all in most cases. More on these new laws explained here.
Please note the information provided in this blog post is of general interest only and is not to be construed or intended as substitute for professional legal advice. This article may be posted freely in websites or other social media so long as the author is duly credited. Plagiarizing, whether in whole or in part, this article without crediting the author may result in criminal prosecution. VOV.
2.019 © Raymundo Larraín Nesbitt. All rights reserved.